14 September 2023
Are you passionate about ensuring young people’s voices are heard? Then you could be the right person to join London Youth’s Youth Board! Our youth board is an incredible group of young people from our membership of fantastic youth clubs, youth and community organisations that helps London Youth demand change to improve the lives of all young Londoners. We’re looking for young leaders from youth organisations who want to take the next step and work have their say and represent their youth club through a bigger platform.
What’s in it for me?
- Influence London’s decision makers
- Boost personal development – there’ll be training and a chance to develop skills
- Paid opportunities – paid at London Living Wage
- Ensuring young people’s voices are at the heart of London Youth’s work – by helping us ensure our programmes are high quality, feeding into funding bids, and helping with staff recruitment.
- Ensuring youth voice is heard within the youth sector and beyond – by helping us to create communications content, attending events in person and online and speaking with the press and decision makers.
- Represent young Londoner’s voices on a range of issues
- Have a great time with great people across the capital – through regular meetings at last Wednesday of every month and socials
- Opportunities to become more involved in London Youth’s governance and decision making through discussing and meeting with our trustees and senior management team.
- And so much more…
What happens when you join the board? You can be on the youth board for at least one year and up to a maximum of three years. You will have a chance to opt in to various types of opportunities (both online and in person) over the year and have regular meetings where you’ll help London Youth make decisions on our programmes, in our communications, and across our membership.
Who can join the board?
Young people who are between the age of 16-21 and attend London Youth’s member organisations or have been involved with a London Youth programme.
What is the commitment?
- Being part of the Youth Board for at least one year and a maximum of three years.
- Attend monthly meetings at our offices in Old Street and online
- Be available for at least three in person or online activities per year (outside of the monthly meetings)
How do young people join the board?
Recruitment to the board ended on 23rd October 2023. Young people who apply should be part of a member organisation of London Youth. If you are still interested in joining the board, there are limited spaces available and so please fill in the online form here
If you would like to apply for the youth board but would like an alternative application route, or are worried that you aren’t eligible please get in touch with the email address listed below to discuss options.
Contact Robbie on Robbie.Cheyne@londonyouth.org
Check out what we are all about here