Join our Youth Board and have your say!
28 July 2022
Are you passionate about ensuring young people’s voices are heard? Then come join London Youth’s Youth Board! Our youth board is an incredible group of young people from our membership of fantastic youth clubs, youth and community organisations that helps London Youth demand change to improve the lives of all young Londoners. You can read more about our youth board here.
What’s in it for me?
- Influence London’s decision makers
- Boost personal development – there’s lot of training, skill development
- Ensuring young people’s voices are at the heart of London Youth’s work – by helping us ensure our programmes are high quality, feeding into funding bids, and helping with staff recruitment.
- Creating campaigns
- Ensuring youth voice is heard within the youth sector and beyond – by helping us to create communications content, attending events in person and online and speaking with the press and decision makers.
- Represent young Londoner’s voices
- Have a great time with great people across the capital – through regular meetings at last Wednesday of every month, socials, and a residential!
- Opportunities to become more involved in London Youth’s governance and decision making through discussing and meeting with our trustees and senior management team.
- And so much more…
What happens when you join the board? You can be on the youth board for at least one year and up to a maximum of three years. You will have a chance to opt in to various types of opportunities (both online and in person) over the year and have regular meetings where you’ll help London Youth make decisions on our programmes, in our communications, and across our membership.
Who can join the board?
Young people who are between the age of 16-24 and attend London Youth’s member organisations or have been involved with a London Youth programme.
How do young people join the board?
London Youth is open for a rolling recruitment to the board until 10th October 2022. Young people who apply should be part of a member organisation of London Youth. To register your interest in joining the board please fill in the online form here .
If you would like to apply for the youth board but would like an alternative application route, or are worried that you aren’t eligible please get in touch with the email address listed below to discuss options.
Contact Kadisha, email@example.com.
Check out what we are all about here