A programme of support, training and funding to increase the scope and quality of youth involvement within member organisations.
London Youth are committed to ensuring that as many of our members as possible are able to improve their level of youth participation and decision making, giving many more young people the chance to lead projects and change their communities for the better.
The overall aim of the Jimmy Dixon Leadership Programme is to increase the scope and quality of youth involvement and to link this to continued social action within member youth clubs. Our research strongly suggests by providing members with this assistance, we will see increased levels of engagement of young people, services that are more focused on their beneficiaries and better able to provide services to young people in their community.
Through the Jimmy Dixon Leadership Programme we will be looking to have a positive impact in three areas:
- Youth workers have increased skills and confidence to deliver meaningful youth participation and involvement
- Members are better able to establish youth-led decision making structures most relevant to their particular circumstances
- Increased levels of young people’s participation and engagement within members and their own programme delivery
This programme is generously funded by the Jimmy Dixon Charitable Trust.
How does it work?
London Youth members will be able to access either some or all projects and facilitated training sessions including:
- Youth Involvement Seed Funding: £600 project funding and £200 supporting costs for members that require additional resource to develop and deliver youth-led structures, such as a youth board or young trustees.
- Applications are now open and you can find out more here and apply via this form. Applications are due by Monday 21st February 2022. If you have any questions at all please contact email@example.com