About East London Leaders
East London has a vibrant and diverse community and is a unique part of the city where people from different cultures and backgrounds live and work. However, young people don’t always have the opportunity to have their voice heard on issues they care about.
East London Leaders will support up to 200 young people from five east London boroughs: Tower Hamlets, Newham, Waltham Forest, Redbridge and Barking & Dagenham. Participants will explore what local identity means to them through projects and campaigns that have a positive impact on their local community and amplify their voice to get their message heard.
How it works
East London Leaders will support young people to plan and deliver a social action project or campaign that has a positive impact on their community around the theme of local identity. London Youth will provide the structure and support for our members to deliver the project. Support includes:
- Project funding to support young people’s activities
- Training from London Youth and a dedicated officer to support you through the project
- Expert support from advertising agency, M&C Saatchi, for young people to create content for their campaign or project.
- A masterclass on democratic engagement from Parliament.
The project will:
- Work with young people aged 16-21 who are based in on of the five boroughs
- Engage young people to explore identity at a local level
- Build confidence and skills by creating youth-led social action
Hear more about East London Leaders
For more information please email Robbie on Robbie.Cheyne@londonyouth.org