A training package developed for London Youth members on sports programmes
We listened to your feedback on how we can support you, and have put together an exciting line up of trainings targeted at developing the Sports Workforce.
Spots are limited, so if you’re interested in registering for any of the trainings above please let us know HERE
What is coming up?
APRIL: Youth Mental Health First Aid
This is training is recommend for frontline youth professionals working directly with young people to give you an in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing. Learning takes place through four live training sessions spread across two weeks, with self-learning activities in between and qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider. All the information can be found here about what’s covered. Youth Mental Health First Aiders after attending the course will gain:
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
WHEN: 21st, 23rd, 28th, and 30th April 10-12:30pm
You need to be available to attend all 4 dates and have some time between each course for the self-learning activities to be able to get the most from the course. If you can’t make any of these dates our membership team will be running lots more so there will be more opportunities to attend.
For any questions or more information, contact Liona Bravo, Sports Development Officer at email@example.com, 07736 619596