#StayInWorkOut – our response to supporting young people’s physical and mental wellbeing
Now more than ever, sport and physical activity has a key role to play in supporting young Londoners to be happy and healthy. We recognise the huge change that COVID-19 has made to all our daily lives, however despite the challenges of the current situation we firmly believe that working together with our community youth organisations and through the support of creative, expert and resilient youth workers, we can continue to offer young people the sport and physical activity experience that is most impactful for them.
Our approach is simple:
- The creation of a weekly activity calendar featuring five daily week-day sessions and three weekend sessions, the majority led by London Youth members.
- A resource pack for you to build your own weekly activity schedule – be that as a young person, a youth worker or a youth organisation.
Our top tips:
- Grab yourself a drink
- Choose some music that inspires you and play it alongside getting active
- Connect with your friends (via your social platforms of choice) and get active together
- Avoid boredom, keep trying something different
- Have FUN
- Aim to complete 30 minutes a day of activity and share your experiences with us using #StayInWorkOut Instagram: @London_Youth | Twitter: @LondonYouth | Facebook: /LondonYouth
We’d also love to hear from any coach, instructor or organisation that is offering online activity sessions and feature your great work. You can contact our Sports Team via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss featuring your content. The deadline to feature for the following week is Thursdays at midday (this can be a one off opportunity or something more regular!