London Youth/Jack Petchey Foundation Summer Holiday Events Funding Opportunity
We are offering our support to up to 30 members, with £700 grants to support youth-led event (s) and/or programmes over the school summer holiday to safely bring young people together to get moving and have fun.
This will involve nominating and committing x2 young leaders aged 16+ from your organisation to attend Street Games’ 3hr Managing and Organising Events training on either the 26th, 28th or 30th July. The links to book onto one of these courses are at the bottom of this page.
The workshop provides participants with a framework to organise and manage community or neighbourhood-based sports events. Workshop attendees learn the importance of recognising the needs of event participants and partners, understanding pre-event planning tasks, and on-the-day and post-event tasks. It also offers guidance on the promotion and marketing of events.
During the training, the young leaders will plan an event/programme to deliver at your organisation during the summer, to add to your existing plans or as a one-off event.
Your chosen young leaders should be involved from the application process, right through to the monitoring and evaluation of the event. We will be organising a celebration event to bring together and celebrate all the young leaders who have been involved in this opportunity at the end of the summer.
The £700.00 available per organisation will go towards the following:
- 2 x young leader travel/subsistence costs to attend the training, event planning/delivery and reward event.
- Youth worker time to mentor and support the 2 x young leaders throughout the whole process, including event planning/delivery and reporting time.
- Costs associated with delivering the event/programme (venue, equipment incl relevant covid-safe essentials, staff, refreshments, marketing, evaluation and incentives).
What will be required of you?
- Support your chosen young leaders to complete a short EOI at the link below to tell us how they will work with you to make the event/programme happen, and why they want to take part in this opportunity.
- Support your chosen young leaders to safely deliver the event/programme to a target number of 60 young people and complete the relevant reporting requirements.
- Post about your event/programme on social media and be sure to tag Jack Petchey Foundation @JPFoundation and London Youth @LondonYouth
How to apply:
Please complete the short application form here. The deadline to apply is Thursday 24th June 2021.
We will be in touch to let you know if your proposal has been successful by 25th June.
We are trying to support as many organisations as possible through this fund, therefore please note that your organisation will only be funded once through our holiday offer this year (between April 2021- March 2022). There will be similar funding opportunities for October and February half terms.
Any questions or queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we cannot support every proposal submitted and successful proposals must meet the Due Diligence requirements.