Getting Active Funding 23-24
Join our Getting Active Movement to level the playing field for young Londoners
We are excited to announce the return of our flagship Getting Active programme for 2023 – 24.
The Getting Active Movement works to unite as a London-wide movement to intentionally harness the power of Youth Work, Sport and Physical Activity to enable young Londoners to lead more active, happy and healthy lives.
Unfortunately, due to a significant decrease in funding currently, we are only recruiting for 35 grassroots community youth organisations for this round of funding. We are currently supporting 20 youth organisations through Getting Active and with these additional 35 we will be funding 55 youth organisations to deliver weekly sports activities until April 2024.
New Opportunity – Expand your Out of School Sport Opportunities
In partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and the Mayor of London’s Violence Reduction Unit (VRU), we are pleased to announce funding to support 35 organisations as part of the Getting Active Movement. The key focus of this funding is to expand out of school sport opportunities for underserved Young Londoners and provide cost of living support to grassroot community youth organisations.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is Sunday 15th October 2023. Before starting your online application, please take the time to read the 23-24 Getting Active Movement – Additional Funding Guidance Document.
at a glance
- 35 x £3,000 grants to support at least 30 underserved young people (30 unique young people)
- To deliver two sport and physical activity sessions per week – one of which should be delivered on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, for 16 weeks from October 2023 to March 2024
- Cost of living support for your organisation (for example, but not limited to – staff costs, utility bills, facility repairs, wrap-around support for young people)
- Continued support for the most underrepresented young Londoners in sport and physical activity – with a particular focus on underserved young people – please see the guidance document for the definition of underserved young people
- We will support both new ideas and/or something that’s already working.
- Ideas should address your local need and support underserved young people.
How to apply:
Applications Open – Friday 29th September 2023
Applications Close – Sunday 15th October 2023
To apply, please complete our short online application form here (maximum 40 minutes to complete).
Get in Touch
If you have any questions or would like to arrange for an informal chat about your project idea, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will get back to you.