Join our Getting Active Movement to level the playing field for young Londoners
100 grassroots community youth organisations united as a London-wide movement to intentionally harness the power of Youth Work, Sport and Physical Activity to enable young Londoners to lead more active, happy and healthy lives.
New Opportunity – Expand your Out of School Sport Opportunities
In partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and the Mayor of London’s Violence Reduction Unit (VRU), we are pleased to announce additional funding to support 20 organisations currently delivering as part of the Getting Active Movement. The key focus of this funding is to expand out of school sport opportunities for underserved Young Londoners and provide cost of living support to grassroot community youth organisations.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is Sunday 12th March 2023. Before starting your online application, please take the time to read the 22 23 Getting Active Movement – Additional Funding Guidance Document.
New Opportunity – at a glance
- 20 x £4,080 grants to support upto 50 underserved young people (unique to the young people you are already supporting through the Getting Active Movement weekly sessions)
- To deliver an additional two sport and physical activity sessions per week – one of which should be delivered on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, for 12 weeks from March to June 2023
- To deliver 40 hours of summer holiday sport activity
- Cost of living support for your organisation (for example, but not limited to – staff costs, utility bills, facility repairs, wrap-around support for young people)
- Continued support for the most underrepresented young Londoners in sport and physical activity – with a particular focus on underserved young people – please see the guidance document for the definition of underserved young people
- We will support both new ideas and/or something that’s already working.
- Ideas should address your local need and support underserved young people
Breakdown of the grant
|£2,580||Sport & Physical Activity Sessions||Delivery of an additional two sports and physical activity sessions per week – one of which should be delivered on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, for 12 weeks from March to June 2023|
|Delivery of 40 hours of summer sport activity|
|£1,500||Cost of Living Support||Cost of living support for your organisation (e.g. staff costs, utility bills, facility repairs, wrap around support for young people)|
How to apply:
Applications Open – Friday 24th February 2023
Applications Close – Sunday 12th March 2023
To apply, please complete our short online application form here (maximum 40 minutes to complete).
Get in Touch
If you have any questions or would like to arrange for an informal chat about your project idea, please email email@example.com and one of the team will get back to you.