Rise Up Youth Practitioners Leadership Programme
Too many young Londoners grow up in poverty, live in insecure housing and experience serious violence and abuse. We need good youth work now more than ever.
Our new leadership programme strengthens London’s youth sector by investing directly in youth practitioners. Rise Up builds on your existing knowledge and expertise to develop a new generation of sector leaders across our communities.
About the programme
- A free, innovative leadership programme for frontline youth practitioners working with young people vulnerable to violence.
- Aspirational, elevating youth sector leaders as knowledgeable and trusted representatives of the communities they serve
- Accessible, aimed at those without formal youth work qualifications, with lived experience of the challenges and barriers affecting young people most at risk of violence
We know youth practitioners are highly skilled at engaging and supporting vulnerable young people. However, many have not had the opportunity to receive formal training in specialist areas, access influential sector leaders or develop their leadership potential. We have developed Rise Up to address this, offering a unique experience and developing areas such as:
- Trauma Informed Practice
- Gender and Culturally Informed Practice
- Contextual Safeguarding
- Systems Change
- Mental Health First Aid
- Mentoring and coaching
- Organisational leadership
Applications now closed
The deadline to apply has now passed. Applicants will be notified the week of 14th December if their application was successful or not.
If you would like to express interest in any future version of Rise Up or similar programmes then please complete this form
If you have any queries about the Rise Up programme you can email firstname.lastname@example.org