Our first Future Talent pilot programme launched in April 2019 with five of our member clubs, with five more organisations joining in September 2019.
At the heart of Future Talent is the importance of working early with young people (aged 14-18), exciting them with opportunities and providing first-hand experience of positive career paths. London Youth will support them through the trusted relationships they already hold within their youth organisations and with their youth workers.
The programme will develop their core life skills, improve employability skills and provide them with opportunities to build up their social and professional networks from attending taster days and work experience opportunities in a range of sectors.
The five components of the programme are:
- Personal development – developing life and employability skills such as leadership, communication and teamwork
- Inspire – introducing young people to the workplace and enabling them to meet others from their communities who are successful in London’s growth sectors
- Experience – multiple, meaningful work experiences to inform future career decisions
- Support – one-to-one coaching and mentoring by youth workers
- Capacity building – developing employability resources and staff skills at youth clubs
The programme has been funded by JP Morgan Chase Foundation.
For more information, please get in touch.