We are currently looking for 10 youth and community organisations based in and/or delivering in the boroughs of Hackney and Barking & Dagenham to deliver Young Creators from January 2022. Together with an arts partner the organisations will support young people to try creative activities they may not have the opportunity to try or currently miss out on. A grant of £3300 is available to organisations to deliver the programme.
What is Young Creators?
The Young Creators programme is a youth club-based arts and creative development programme that will engage at least 120 young Londoners with creative activities (12-15 from each organisation, there is no age restriction). Alongside delivery to young people, youth workers will attend a series of 5 trainings which will cover delivering creative activities, funding creative activities and supporting young people with their mental health & wellbeing.
Young people on the programme will:
- have opportunities to try new art forms through 3 arts taster sessions
- develop their creative skills through an 8 week arts project
- gain greater insight into creative careers through Inspire Events with industry professionals
As well as trying out different art forms and taking part in a creative project with an artist, the programme will contribute to an improvement in the mental health and wellbeing of the young people taking part. A wider goal of the programme is to establish new, meaningful and lasting partnerships between the youth and arts sectors.
How does it work?
- Explore: youth organisations team up with local artists to offer creative taster sessions to young people, where they can try out new art forms
- Create: 8-weeks of creative workshops delivered in a community setting and supported by artists and local partner organisations, where young people design and lead their own art project
- Inspire: young people meet creative arts professionals and gain an insight into the world-leading creative opportunities London has to offer whilst discovering how to carve out their own creative industries career
- Showcase: we bring all our Young Creators together at the end of the programme to exhibit their creations, network and celebrate their achievements
How to Apply for Young Creators
If your youth club is based in Hackney or Barking & Dagenham, you can apply to deliver Young Creators. Each organisation will receive a grant of £3300, a choice of creative arts professionals to partner with, a series of youth worker training sessions and tailored support from the London Youth team. Click the button below to apply. The closing date is midday on Wednesday 1st December 2021.
If you have any questions, or would like to work on the programme as an arts partner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Young Creators programme is funded by: