In 2018, we launched our Young Culture Makers programme. Working with our members, the programme supports grassroots community youth organisations to develop their creative arts offer for young people, working in partnership with artists and arts organisations to deliver inspiring projects.
Young people get to take part in the programme’s four stages:
- Explore: opportunities for young people to try out new art forms through taster sessions and a residential
- Create: a youth-led group project, delivered in a community setting and supported by artists and local partner organisations
- Inspire: artist-led workshops, masterclasses, exhibition visits, theatre trips and more – Inspiration Days are opportunities for young people to access some of the world-leading cultural venues London has to offer
- Showcase: we bring all our Young Culture Makers together at the end of the year to celebrate their achievements and the work they’ve created.
- 377 young people have taken part in the programme since it launched in January 2018
- 43 young people have achieved an Arts Award through their participation in the programme
- The overwhelming majority of youth professionals saw positive change to young people’s motivation, confidence, teamwork and self-expression during their time on the programme
- 92% of young people said they had tried something new through participating in the programme
- 93% said they will continue to access arts activities through their youth club or somewhere else.
You can read the evaluation of the 2017/18 pilot of Young Culture Makers here.