24 February 2016
London Youth are proud to be enablers of the NCVYS National Stop, Look, Listen campaign. We are asking all of the organisations that we work with to put aside the extra day we have this leap year to:
Stop what they you are doing
Look at your safeguarding practices and policies
Listen to young people
We will be sharing events, training and resources to help you safeguard your organisation in the best way possible on our Twitter (@LondonYouth) and on our Facebook page. Please click here to check out other pledges and make a pledge of your own. We support our member clubs 52 weeks of the year with their safeguarding policies and practices, this is just one of the many perks of being a London Youth Member.
Below are just a few ideas for pledges you could make for the 29th February and the following weeks:
- Review the induction you provide to your staff and volunteers, advising them of your safeguarding policy.
- Provide an introduction to safeguarding training course for the organisations in your network.
- Arrange to work shadow a safeguarding officer in another youth charity, in order to learn from their practice. Use your own contacts, or ask NCVYS for help.
- Develop workshops with young people to make them aware of safeguarding.
- Make it a hot topic week of safeguarding discussions with young people on any safeguarding issues for example, relationships, keeping safe online, confidentiality and health & wellbeing.
On 3rd March our Head of Safety and Safeguarding, Christine Bass, will be available to both members and non-memebers to answer your questions via email or over the phone. If you would like any support from London Youth in reviewing your safeguarding policies, updating training or working with young people around keeping safe please contact Christine at Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7549 8846