London Youth is committed to ensuring that the views and interests of young Londoners and of our 600+ members are reflected in public policy. We make the case for good youth work and support young Londoners and those working with them to have a voice in the media and in policy development. We ensure that our members have a say in the decisions that affect the work that they do by connecting them to sector stakeholders and policymakers and by influencing on their behalf.
Where we know can have greater impact in our advocacy, we work in collaboration with a number of London partners. This enables us to speak with one voice on behalf of London’s youth sector.
Our primary vehicle for this is the Young Londoners Coalition (YLC) a network of infrastructure voices representing the statutory and voluntary youth sector. London Youth co-chairs the YLC with Partnership for Young London.
Our activities include
- Influencing sector stakeholders and policymakers on behalf of young people and our members both directly and as the Young Londoners Coalition
- Responding to central and local government consultations and strategies.
- Advocating positions that articulate the views of our members.
- Leading the conversation with reports based on our knowledge and providing analysis on the policy context to our members.
- Supporting networks, as key forums for members to share expertise and influence in specific areas.
Our policy resources
- Join our Policy Advisory Group, a way for our members to be at the heart of our policy and media work.
- Our responses to consultations and strategies.
- Chances to have your say on consultations and strategies.
- Our statements on policy issues.
- Our notes from our specialist member networks.
- Our summaries of reports and strategies.
For any enquiries, please contact our Policy Manager, Clare MacNamara on 07736 619 591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org