London Youth is pleased to announce that, thanks to the support of the CVC Foundation, we will be repeating our Summer Grants scheme this year. Due to the success and demand from last year we have also been able to increase the amount of available funds for our members. We are also pleased to announce additional funding is available for Sporty Money Twist sessions from MyBnk. Applications are now open for grants of up to £5,000 to help our members fund summer projects to be delivered in July and August.
For the third year running, London Youth is partnering with CVC Capital Partners to offer its members small grants to run activities for young people during the summer holidays.
Along-side the traditional summer grants funding which is for the delivery of your organisation’s summer programme, we will also be offering members the option of applying for Sporty Money Twist sessions. Sporty Money Twist is an innovative blend of active games and discussion that communicates key financial messages in a fun and effective way and is delivered by MyBnk. The programme is designed to get young people thinking and caring about their finances, both now and in the short and long term future.
The CVC Foundation has made funding available for London Youth to distribute to member organisations focused towards the following criteria:
- Achieved a level of the London Youth Quality Mark in the last three years or another quality assurance framework that is recognised nationally (e.g PQASSO or ClubMark)
- Young people’s involvement in the proposal
- Able to identify how the funding will be spent
- Sustained impact for the young people that take part in it, in particular to promote and improve (i) employability skills, (ii) sports, health and nutrition and (iii) community involvement and volunteering
How much and what can organisations spend the money on?
In total there is £45,000 of funds available for this year’s programme, and following a panel review CVC will award a proportion of the total amount to organisations based on the strength of their application considering the criteria focus as outlined above. As an example CVC could award 10 organisations £4,000, or 20 organisations £2,000 (or less). As a result we will be asking for applications for up to £5,000 per application. There is also £5,000 for organisations to apply for a maximum of two Sporty Money Twist sessions delivered by MyBnk for up to 30 young people
Applications for funding can be made in the following ways:
· Option A: You can submit an application for up to £5,000 to support the delivery of your organisation’s summer programme
· Option B: You can submit an application for up to a maximum of two Sporty Money Twist sessions delivered by MyBnk for up to 30 young people
· Option C: You can submit an application for up to £5,000 to support the delivery of your organisation’s summer programme + up to a maximum of two Sporty Money Twist sessions delivered by MyBnk for up to 30 young people
CVC are particularly interested in projects that can show long-term impact for the young people who take part in them. For example, through the achievement of accreditations or by learning important life skills.
- Deadline for submissions: Friday 12 May 2017 at 12pm
- CVC Panel to review applications: Week commencing 22 May 2017
- Decisions communicated to applicants: Week commencing 29 May 2017
- Projects to be delivered: July & August 2017
CVC Capital Partners (“CVC”) is a private equity and investment advisory firm, who since 2011 has an established foundation, The CVC Foundation. Its mission is to use the resources of CVC to make a measurable impact on the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in the communities where it operates.
Applications should be submitted, together with a completed budget to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Friday 12 May 2017.