About the role
The role has responsibility for managing a small team of communications and policy professionals and managing the internal and external demands on their time.
This role sits on London Youth’s Leadership Team (alongside other Heads of departments and Directors who form the Senior Team). In this forum, you will input into broader organisational discussions affecting the charity, as well as representing the Communications and Policy Team.
As a member of Leadership Team, the role has specific budgeting, planning and reporting responsibilities and will support the Fundraising Team to raise income to support the team and the broader organisation’s work.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Plan and implement results-led communications strategies in a charity environment.
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team to produce effective integrated communications.
- Create high performing, versatile content and campaigns to promote programmes/products.
- Manage corporate and funder partnerships.
- Embed solid communications practices across a delivery/membership organisation, ensuring brand integrity is maintained.
- Apply a sound understanding of digital and data management principles and enhancing user engagement via digital platforms.
London Youth embraces equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to the ongoing development of an organisation that values and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and welcome applications that reflect this.
Salary : £47,858.40
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Leave : 39 days pa inclusive of holiday, closure days and public/bank holidays
Important dates and how to apply
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 30th June 2021 at 5pm
First round interviews will be held on: TBC
Second round interviews will be held on: TBC
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to be considered for the role. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. All applications must be submitted to Michael Thorpe at Green Park Michael.Thorpe@green-park.co.uk with the subject line ” LY Head of Policy and Communications”