03 September 2018
In collaboration with City Bridge Trust, London Youth is pleased to announce the new £3,000 Bronze Quality Mark Grant.
From September 2018, non-statutory youth organisations that complete the Bronze Quality Mark with London Youth will be given the option to claim an unrestricted grant of £3,000. This new grant joins the already existing Silver and Gold Quality Mark Grants.
City Bridge Trust has been funding Silver and Gold Quality Mark Grants for the past four years, with over £300,000 given out to youth organisations so far.
Commenting on this launch, City Bridge Trust Principle Grants Officer Ciaran Rafferty said:
“The City Bridge Trust is pleased to recognise the value of organisations in achieving the Bronze Award and the efforts made by all involved in pursuing that goal. The London Youth Quality Mark is recognised as a significant step in making services for young people more sustainable and the Trust commends all those who achieve an Award at any level.”
The Quality Mark is a quality assurance scheme for organisations delivering work with young people. It is accredited by City and Guilds and is nationally recognised by UK Youth.
Chief Executive of London Youth, Rosemary Watt-Wyness, said:
“We believe in the continual quality improvement of youth services across our city and supporting organisations on this journey. Our Quality Mark is an accredited framework for organisations to use to develop their policies, procedures and practices. The Quality Mark grant scheme recognises organisation’s commitment to the improvement of their services.”
New Grant Structure
- Bronze Quality Mark: Organisations achieving the first level of the Quality Mark for the first time are able to claim a £3,000 award.
- Silver Quality Mark: Organisations achieving the second level of the Quality Mark for the first time are able to claim a £5,000 award.
- Gold Quality Mark: Organisations achieving the third and final level of the Quality Mark for the first time are able to claim a £7,000 award.
Please note: You may only claim one of the three grants listed above upon completion. For example, if you are only planning on undertaking your bronze Quality Mark you should claim the £3,000 grant at that stage. However, if you are planning to go on to achieve the silver or gold Quality Mark we recommend you do not claim for the bronze and wait to claim the larger amount once you complete the silver or gold.
- Bronze Quality Mark Renewal: Organisations re-achieving their Bronze level of the Quality Mark will not receive a grant for renewing.
- Silver Quality Mark Renewal: Organisations re-achieving their Silver level of the Quality Mark are able to claim a £3,000 award.
- Gold Quality Mark Renewal: Organisations re-achieving their Gold level of the Quality Mark are able to claim a £3,000 award.
Please note: You may only make one claim from the quality mark renewal options above. You are able to claim the £3,000 either on completion of the silver or gold quality mark. You will not be able to claim the grant for both.