Futures Summer Leadership Programme 2021
Do you work with young people who would like to…
- Improve their leadership skills?
- Enhance their communication skills?
- Engage with people in power?
- Focus on wellbeing and self-care?
- Create positive change at their clubs and in their community?
If your young people were registered on a social action programme at London Youth this year, our ‘Futures’ summer leadership programme can allow them to do just that.
How does it work?
Youth workers on our social action programmes may nominate one or two young people who’ve shown the greatest commitment and leadership potential through the stages of their programme. Young people will then be invited to attend a recruitment evening for an informal interview with London Youth Staff and members of our Youth Board to tell us about themselves, learn more about the programme and hear firsthand from young people who have been been on the Futures programme.
The 24 successful candidates, from across our programmes, will take part in an accredited leadership programme over the Summer. Our Futures Leadership Programme (formerly known as Future City Leaders) is tailored to the needs of the young people and designed to help them improve their leadership skills through a series of masterclasses and activities to understand themselves and their own abilities. They will learn how to lead and work better with others, how to get their voices heard and how to create impact to support them to lead at their clubs, in their communities and across London, whilst having fun and meeting other likeminded young people.
Futures Summer Leadership Programme includes:
- Leadership skills and activities
- An induction to introduce the programme and meet the other young people and staff they will be working with.
- A series of Masterclasses – Leadership 101, Power & Privilege, Social Media and Getting Heard, Wellbeing and Self Care, Communication and Pitching and more
- A visit to one of our residential centres