Brief:A competitive activity for teamwork and communication
Equipment: Items for young people to collect
Step by Step
- Put the young people into groups of 4-5.
- Give each group a list of collectables they must search for in the surrounding area.
- Set up the situation with a time limit.
- Upon returning at the end of the time limit, the group that has found the most collectables win and can be given a small prize.
- Discuss with the young people how it felt to be on the scavenger hunt, how they worked together as a team and how they communicated with one another.
Things to Consider
This activity requires more set up time that others.
This is a great way to get young people active and on a wellbeing walk, at the same time as fostering a sense of competition, developing skills of teamwork and facilitation.