Positive Action Jar
Brief:Activity to foster acts of kindness
Equipment: Jar, post-it notes, pen
Step by Step
- Prior to the session, write out general positive actions on post-it notes and add into the jar.
- Ask the young people to write down a positive action they did from last week on a post-it note and place into the jar.
- Each young person selects an action from the jar and are challenged to complete it next week.
- The following week you can check in on who completed their action.
- As an extension, the young people can write in a journal and reflect on how the action impacted them and anyone else involved.
Things to Consider
Doing positive actions brings us closer to other people and creates connections. Reflecting on positive activities helps us see the impact and encourages repetition.