Outside Walk & Talk
Brief:Check-in conversation on the move
Step by Step
- Either by phone call or in person, set out on a walk.
- You can use the following headers to get conversation going:
– Personal check-in
– Celebrate wins/lessons learnt
– What are your current priorities?
– What support, if any, is required?
– Open Discussion
– Actions we can both do
- Make sure to close the conversation carefully, the actions for both will help to be clear on how to move forwards.
Things to Consider
You can deliver this activity remotely by connecting over the phone
Being outdoors is proven to reduce stress and boost mood. Talking whilst walking is a very good way to reduce anxiety and worry about talking about a topic. There are also physical health benefits to going outside