Discussion on MH
Brief:Short videos that open up the floor to discuss different issues
Equipment: Internet access, Laptop, Projector, Pens/pencils and Paper
Step by Step
- Watch short videos about different mental health issues that teenagers go through.
– Mental, emotional and physical health
– Self-esteem and self-confidence
– Negative relationships and peer pressure
– Drugs and alcohol
– Prejudice and discriminationFor example, https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/ks3-ks4-PSHE-my-troubled-mind/zdjv7nb or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxIDKZHW3-E
- Young people can take notes about how the young people in the video are feeling or what they are going through and why they might feel how they do and what they could do to help themselves.
- The group shares their views with the each other and explore whether there are ways to help improve situations that may affect mental health.
Things to Consider
Due to the sensitive nature of the subject matter, it is strongly advised to view videos before watching with your girls. Not all videos need to be watched either.