Our two day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider. This is training is recommend for frontline youth professionals working directly with young people. Youth Mental Health First Aiders will:
- An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
You must be available to attend both days 27th and 28th February) for Youth Mental Health First Aid and you can only book a maximum of 2 people per organisation. Please do not book a place on if you can’t attend both days . We will be running more of this training so please book onto the next one. This training is for only members in Croydon, Sutton, Merton, Lambeth, Southwark, Wandsworth. If you want to attend this and not from those boroughs then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This training is part of our commitment to the #21by21 campaign. One which we are delighted to be an official partner of in championing mental health awareness across the community youth and sport sector to best support young Londoners mental health and wellbeing. You can show your support for the campaign here .
This training has a value of £300 per person and whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- The attendee will receive a reminder email with all details a week before the training. If you do not receive this email then please email the Membership Administrator.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Administrator. We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Administrator Evie
Date: 27 February 2020 - 28 February 2020
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: London Learning Consortium, Christopher Wren Yard, 119 High St, Croydon CR0 1QG