This training is for the following dates: 23rd, 25th, 30th June and 2nd July – 10:am until 12:30pm
This is training is recommend for frontline youth professionals working directly with young people to give you an in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing. Learning takes place through four live training sessions spread across two weeks, with self-learning activities in between and qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider. All the information can be found here about what’s covered. Youth Mental Health First Aiders after attending the course will gain:
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
You need to be available to attend all 4 dates and have some time between each course for the self-learning activities to be able to get the most from the course. If you can’t make any of these dates then we will be running lots more in the new year so there will be more opportunities to attend.
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Development Support Officer, Sophie
Date: 23 June 2021 - 02 July 2021
Time: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support