Lockdown restrictions and the slow lifting of them has been challenging for everyone, including young people. For some this has resulted in increased tensions at home, difficulty expressing emotions and aggressive behaviour, impacting on mental health and emotional wellbeing.
As we begin the journey back to normal life, this webinar aims to develop an understanding of how anger is triggered and experienced by young people, how this can lead to aggressive and/or challenging behaviour and ways that youth workers can help them to express feelings in more positive ways that don’t overwhelm and lead to conflict. The session offers a mixture of theory, diffusion and anger management techniques and practical skills that can be applied in school settings, youth clubs, the community or at home.
- The basic principles of anger management theory and how this works in practice
- That everyone has ‘triggers’ that impact on how we cope with feelings of anger and frustration
- How to identify early warning signs and simple techniques to diffuse challenging situations
- Ways to build emotional literacy and encourage young people to name and express their emotions rather than act them out.
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Administrator. We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Administrator
Date: 22 October 2020 - 22 October 2020
Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support