Youth work has a proud history of empowering young women but the reality is that Girls Work has been diminished, and in some areas of the UK totally lost, by repeated budget cuts. Considered an unnecessary ‘luxury’ by some, lockdown has shown a resurgence of inequalities and gender-based stereotypes, including the governments ill-times and mis-judged publicity campaign a few weeks ago making it vital we reclaim it now.
So, to celebrate International Women’s Day 2021, London Youth in partnership with Vanessa Rogers is offering a special one-day Train the Trainer event to develop the skills and experience to deliver a six-week Young Women’s Group based on a VR Youth Work resource pack written specifically for youth projects. Designed to help develop social skills, confidence and assertiveness in young women aged 13-19 this is a resource for group or one-to-one work that can be delivered virtually or in buildings once we can open the doors safely again. The easy-to-use session plans, complete with worksheets, quizzes and information, can be adapted to meet different needs and abilities. Interactive and often fun, young women can develop supportive peer networks as they gain confidence in making their own decisions, take personal responsibility for their actions and begin to plan for a positive future.
This interactive ‘train the trainer’ online workshop will:
- Consider the need for work with young women
- Introduce the free resource pack to front line staff and volunteers who support young women
- Offer an opportunity to try out the new resources
- Discuss how to encourage young women to participate
- Build confidence in delivering the 24/7 Too programme.
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer, Sophie. We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Development Support Officer
Date: 12 March 2021 - 12 March 2021
Time: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support