This training for youth professionals will be raising awareness of unconscious bias, privilege and microaggressions and equipping people to be able to open up conversations about race and identity with young people and challenge prejudice when they hear it. The session will take time to create a safe space to have a non-judgemental, non-confrontational, open and honest approach.
- Explore the barriers that can prevent people from successfully engaging with race equality, including the concepts of unconscious bias and privilege and how to overcome them
- Be equipped with techniques have effective conversations with young people about identity, race and racism
- Explore techniques to effectively challenge racist attitudes & behaviours
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Administrator. We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Administrator
Date: 10 March 2021 - 10 March 2021
Time: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support