This session has been designed to create a safe and confidential space in which participants can reflect on their emotional, mental and physical wellbeing during the pandemic and lockdown. We will look at our current responses through the lens of trauma, understanding what trauma is and how it manifests so that we can better understand our own feelings and wellbeing during this time. We will recognise that everyone will have different responses and that there is no right or wrong way of thinking, feeling or being during this time.
This session uses different methods, such as games, drawing, self-reflection, group discussion, to encourage participants to explore what they are feeling right now and check-in with their wellbeing. During this session, participants will:
- Generate self-compassion and compassion for others
- Explore what trauma is and increase their understanding of trauma
- Contextualise your experiences using frameworks like fight, flight, freeze and the window of tolerance
- Identify strategies for self-care and support
This session is delivered by Leap Confronting Conflict as part of our Rise Up: Youth Practitioners’ Leadership Programme.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 1 person per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 2 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Administrator. We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Administrator
Date: 06 July 2020 - 06 July 2020
Time: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Zoom, details will be sent once your have booked your space
About this event
- This training is part of a series of taster sessions related to the Rise Up Youth Practitioners’ Leadership Programme. Please click here to learn more.
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support