SafeLives is a national charity working to end domestic abuse. They have been looking at how young people talk, consider, discuss, and respond to harmful behaviour within their romantic relationships, how they might get support if they are experiencing harm themselves, worried about a friend or their own behaviour, and who they were likely to disclose to, so we can stop abuse before it starts.
We know from their Spotlights report Safe Young Lives, that young people are often overlooked and underrepresented in the national discussion on domestic abuse. Their newest work is with organisations already working with young people to make sure their needs aren’t overlooked and to develop a new narrative that can inform the national conversation. They want to share their latest research and talk to you about the opportunities for involving young people in that conversation.
This interactive session will include findings from their latest research with young people, with breakout rooms discussing;
- How the SafeLives findings can help work with Youth Services
- The importance of a Trauma-Informed Approach for young people affected by Domestic Abuse in Youth work (particularly during the pandemic)
- Reaching Young people both online and offline
(More information will be provided closer to the date)
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual session.
- You will receive a confirmation email with additional information. If you don’t receive this email or have trouble registering, please contact email@example.com
- If you can no longer attend the session, then please let us know as we may have a waiting list.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact Membership Team
Date: 26 January 2021 - 26 January 2021
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 24 hours before network
About this event
A network for practitioners who work with young people affected directly or indirectly by violence of all forms.
For any enquiries about the Youth Violence Network or any other of our networks, please email our network lead, Nicole Bristol-Robinson
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources, and support