In a year like no other, from lockdown restrictions to the impact of the pandemic on relationships, education and future career prospects, many young people are feeling confused, frustrated and anxious. Peer mentoring programmes, providing one-to-one support with a well-trained role model of a similar age, create safe spaces for young people to meet, talk and build coping skills using virtual platforms or face-to-face (adhering to government guidelines).
With many youth organisations looking for creative ways to support emotional and physical health and wellbeing, this 3-hour webinar is designed to help with the development of your peer mentoring project. It explores the motivations for volunteering, the process of peer mentoring and the matching process as well as clarifying the mutual responsibilities and benefits that make it work so well.
- Understand what peer mentoring is and the mutual benefits of peer mentoring to both the mentor and mentee
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of peer mentors and the adults that will be supporting them
- Investigate the training and support required for young people to become peer mentors
- Identify boundary and confidentiality issues to keep mentors and mentees safe
- Offer a framework for the development of a peer-mentoring scheme
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Development Support Officer, Sophie
Date: 21 June 2021 - 21 June 2021
Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent at least 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support