This course is for all people working directly with adults who may be at risk of abuse or neglect. The course considers attitudes and explores practice issues regarding protecting adults in abusive or potentially abusive situations. The focus of the course is the role of a front line professional in supporting vulnerable adults and responding to situations and concerns. This training is designed for those who have some prior training at a basic level eg . have completed an eLearning course
National legislation covered: Safeguarding Adults (2005), The Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 , Controlled Activity and Prescribed Criteria – Regulations 2012, The Care Act 2014
Benefits and learning outcomes to you and the organisation
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Name the groups of adults at risk and understand specific risks for young adults (18-30 years)
- Describe the different categories of abuse
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Act in line with the policy and procedures if you suspect abuse
- Describe the role of other agencies, and the impact of legislation on safeguarding
You must attend Part 1 (9th March) and Part 2 (10th March) of these sessions or you will not be able to complete the course and get your certificate.
If you can’t attend either Part 2 then please don’t book Part 1 as we will be running more of these sessions in the future.
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer, Sophie.
- We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Development Support Officer
Date: 09 March 2021 - 10 March 2021
Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support