Addressing conflict often boils down to having a conversation, but usually conversations where we anticipate conflict can be the most difficult. While those feelings may remain, there is preparation that can be done and tools that can be used to give you confidence and strategies around how you communicate.
This 2-hour digital workshop will use games, discussion, theoretical frameworks and a non-violent communication tool to work through how to have difficult conversations. You will be asked to think through your own scenario and apply the frameworks and tools to it, sharing as you are comfortable.
Through this workshop you will :
- Explore the thoughts and feelings involved in these conversations and develop strategies to manage them
- Understand the impact of language and identify key communication tools
- Learn a non-violent communication tool to express your needs and open up conversation
This session is delivered by Leap Confronting Conflict as part of our new Youth Practitioners’ Leadership Programme.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 1 person per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 2 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Administrator. We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Administrator
Date: 05 August 2020 - 05 August 2020
Time: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Zoom, details will be sent once your have booked your space
About this event
- This training is part of a series of taster sessions related the Rise Up Youth Practitioners’ Leadership Programme. Please click here to learn more.
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support