This Online Safeguarding course raises awareness of the risks and concerns associated with children and young people spending time online and using social media. This includes online grooming for child sexual and criminal exploitation (CSE and CCE) and the Prevent duty schools and youth services have to reduce the risks of radicalisation.
The course considers how children and young people use the internet, the role of social media and online gaming, ways to stay safe and ideas for supporting and educating parents at home.
- Consider the safeguarding role to protect children in the digital world
- Explore how and why young people use the internet and social networking sites
- Consider the laws intended to protect children and young people online and the Prevent duty
- Identify potential risks, including different forms of online grooming for child sexual and criminal exploitation (CSE and CCE) and radicalisation
- Discuss how to set and maintain online boundaries, including the use of controls and filters
- How to report inappropriate content and raise online safeguarding concerns
- Know where to go for information and support
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- This is an interactive training, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Development Support Officer, Sophie
Date: 01 February 2022 - 01 February 2022
Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 5 days before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support