This session will explore emotions and thoughts that arise during conflict and what underlies and motivates behaviour as knowing and being aware of this can hold the key to de-escalating conflict situations. This session is aimed at adults working with young people to explore the conflict they experience in their work and gain frameworks and new strategies for navigating these situations. Participants will be encouraged to share their own experiences and use them during interactive exercises to practice different ways of approaching conflict which they can take back into their work with young people.
During this session, participants will:
- Explore how they work with behaviour in the moment
- Understand conflict triggers and explore their own
- Explore the influence that our thoughts have in conflict
- Increase self-awareness of own habitual responses when triggered
- Examine the feelings, needs and hurt which underly behaviour using a framework
This session is delivered by Leap Confronting Conflict as part of our Rise Up: Youth Practitioners’ Leadership Programme.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 1 person per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 2 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Administrator. We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Administrator
Date: 08 July 2020 - 08 July 2020
Time: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Zoom, details will be sent once your have booked your space
About this event
- This training is part of a series of taster sessions related to our new Youth Practitioners’ Leadership Programme. Please click here to learn more.
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support