As part of the Cornerstone project we are running a series of training for youth organisations and youth workers about engaging with research. Youth organisations are increasingly interested in demonstrating the effectiveness of their practice because of funders’ requirements and their own desire to understand the impact they’re making.
This training session takes a realistic and practical approach for youth work practitioners interested in collecting, analysing and using quantitative data.
We will discuss what quantitative (numerical) data you need and how to collect it. We will also touch on how to understand what it means, with opportunities to try basics ways of analysing quant data and interpreting it. This is an interactive session with opportunities to practice data analysis. Resources will be available to take away.
The training is aimed at youth workers and youth work managers. It may also be useful for evaluators and research and learning practitioners in youth organisations. It will be facilitated by Claire Moyes of Shephard & Moyes, an evaluation and development expert focusing on youth organisation. An experienced facilitator, Claire’s approach is outcome-focused and flexible, and her work with a diverse range of organisations means she is well aware of the realities of doing evaluation on the coalface – the challenges and the opportunities.
If you have any questions, ideas, or relevant resources to share, please get in touch with Maya at email@example.com.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer, Sophie.
- We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact Maya Reggev - Learning and Evaluation Manager
Date: 05 May 2021 - 05 May 2021
Time: 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Virtual (Eventbrite), details will be sent before training
About this event
City Bridge’s Cornerstone Fund proposes a system for putting London’s communities at the heart of the way we work. Taking this work forward, Partnership for Young London, the Centre for Youth Impact, London Youth, and the Young People’s Foundations have come together with a bold vision for young Londoners. We want to create the conditions for services and support for young people to be:
- more informed by research, practice and the experiences of young people themselves; and
- more joined up through local and regional collaboration; and thus, more effective.
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support