The UK voluntary sector receives over £9m in donations and legacies from individuals, representing 16% of the sector’s total income. Which causes do people support? Why do people give money and how do they like to donate? Is cash still king?
This session will answer these questions and more, offering fundraisers accessible insights into behavioural economics and social psychology to support the recruitment and retention of individual supporters. These can then be applied in your own organisations to maximise income from individuals, across face-to-face and digital channels.
This is part of series of training exploring fundraising strategies, proposal writing, individual giving and corporate fundraising.
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- This is an interactive training, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Development Support Officer, Sophie
Date: 03 December 2021 - 03 December 2021
Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Virtual on Zoom, details will be sent at least 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support