Understanding finance is one of the key management skills, yet it is one that is the least developed. The very thought of dealing with numbers and the jargon associated with it puts most people off. Yet once you have grasped the fundamentals, financial management is a key tool to better manage projects and organisations, as well as supporting your own progress.
This comprehensive workshop introduces you to some key concepts of financial management and introduces you to financial accounts, the information that is reported to the public and the Charity Commission. This is an ideal introduction for those new to management or approaching management to get to grips with finance and using financial information as a tool for improved management
- An introduction to financial management
- How financial projections support and improve your strategy
- How to understand and capture costs
- Using costs to start your fundraising strategy
- Why we need budgets and how to create and manage budgets
- How you use budgets as a management tool
- A layman’s understanding of financial accounts
- Key information requirements
- The Trustees Annual Report
- Understanding Reserves
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer, Sophie.
- We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Development Support Officer
Date: 24 March 2021 - 24 March 2021
Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support