To be an effective youth professional, we must address all parts of a young person’s life, including their digital world. We cannot afford to switch off from social media; we need to switch on to the language young people use, understand how we approach harmful online activity, and learn to encourage positive online behaviour.
This workshop will give you the confidence to deal with the challenges and opportunities of social media. It will also give you a chance to share your experiences with other practitioners. By using the same principles, ethics and training that frontline professionals are using offline, this course teaches best practice for dealing with the digital world. The CPD certified workshop will:
Build your understanding of young people’s online behaviour and how you can support them to become positive voices online
Discuss the safeguarding risks associated with social media use and how to appropriately respond
Support you to assess your own social media practices when working with young people
Improve your understanding of the steps you can take to build resilience in young people dealing with potentially harmful content
Increase your capacity to support young people to be positive voices online
This training is delivered by the Social Switch Project. In partnership with leading charities tackling youth violence, Catch22 and Redthread, The Social Switch Project is switching the narrative on how social media’s relationship to youth violence is understood, tackled and solved.
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Administrator. We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact Membership Administrator
Date: 02 December 2020 - 02 December 2020
Time: 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support