From detached projects to online support, youth workers are skilled at engaging young people, providing social education and opportunities to express themselves on the things that matter most. This can be an intense and demanding role during normal times but as youth workers continue to support young people struggling with the additional anxieties and challenges arising from the pandemic, many report feeling tired, stressed and emotionally exhausted.
This online workshop has been developed to support emotional health and promote wellbeing. It offers practical ideas for developing self-care skills and creating new habits to help soothe the mind and re-charge batteries, without spending loads of money. These can then be taken away and shared with young people to help them learn positive self-care skills for now and the future too.
- What self-care is and why it is important
- Understand common triggers for stress and how the body reacts
- Reflect on current coping strategies to assess what’s working and areas to develop
- Develop a personalised self-care wheel and self-care plan
- Explore blocks to self-care in different areas of their lives
- Set goals to improve wellbeing and help sustain positive self-care in the long-term.
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Development Support Officer, Sophie
Date: 06 May 2021 - 06 May 2021
Time: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support