Successful mentoring with young people requires the time to build relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Through this, adult mentors can provide a positive role model to encourage them to identify and set achievable goals to effect all areas of life. This makes the mentoring role unique, in that it focuses on encouraging and supporting both personal and social development based on the young person’s needs, including relationships, health, education, training and employment.
This introductory online course offers an opportunity to find out more about mentoring young people aged 13-19 (up to 25 with additional needs).
- Develop mentoring skills and explore the relationship between ‘mentor’ and ‘mentee’
- Consider ways to engage young people in the mentoring process
- Understand mentoring boundaries and confidentiality issues
- Discuss the matching process (to include gender and diversity issues)
- Consider goal setting and action planning
- Look at ways to review goals, offer feedback and celebrate achievement
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- This is an interactive training, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Development Support Officer, Sophie
Date: 28 January 2022 - 28 January 2022
Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 5 days before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support