Run through the Young Gamers and Gamblers Education Trust (YGAM) this training provides support to coaches and organisations in London covering the topics of gaming and gambling with young people. The latest report from the Gambling Commission (October 2019) found that 11% of 11 – 16 year olds had spent their own money on a gambling activity in the last seven days (this equate to 350,000), and 55,000 young people were already identified as problematic gamblers. The Children’s Commissioner found that a staggering 93% of young people play video games, a hugely popular activity which carries a range of potential risks.
The training will look at:
- an overview of how young people are increasingly exposed to gaming and gambling and the increasingly blurred lines between the two
- the influence of advertising, particularly around sporting events
- the role of social media, in game purchases, loot boxes and Esports
- the signs to look out for when an individual is at risk and where to seek help
On completion of the training you will receive:
- Access to an online platform which is home to over 450 resources
- A City and Guilds certificate and downloadable digital credential
- Commitment of continued support from YGAM
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Administrator. We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact our Membership Administrator
Date: 23 February 2021 - 23 February 2021
Time: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support