Living with sight loss has an impact on countless aspects of living. 70 % of communication is through body language and for this, we require sight. With simple adjustments you can ensure you are delivering sessions that are inclusive for young people with a vision impairment.
This highly interactive workshop provides information and guidance around how small changes can make your sessions more inclusive for people with a vision impairment. There will also be an opportunity to gain practical experience of adapting virtual and face to face sessions to make them truly inclusive.
- gain or develop your understanding of common eye conditions and their impact on individuals
- acquire knowledge and practice of how to implement adapted activities into your sessions
- highlight health & safety concerns
- consider ideas on how to proactively engage with the VI community
Royal Society for Blind Children (RSBC) creates a better life for blind children, by helping every young person we work with to find and fulfil their own unique potential. Guiding them and their families on their journey through sight loss, we provide each individual with a combination of support, learning and development opportunities to help them develop the resilience and skills they will need to navigate their own futures.
Whilst we do not charge for training, please read the below important information in order to keep training free and available to as many members as possible.
Important Booking Information:
- You can only book maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Cancellation policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. If you let us know less than 48 hours on multiple occasions without a justifiable reason then you and your organisation will be at risk of not being allowed to attend any training for 3 months.
- We operate a waiting list for all training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Administrator. We will let you know at least 48 hours before the training if there is space.
Contact: If you have any questions or have any issues registering, please contact Membership Administrator
Date: 22 October 2020 - 22 October 2020
Time: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Location: Virtual, details will be sent 24 hours before training
About this event
- We offer training on a range of different topics, free to London Youth members. Click here to view more training.
- To find out more about the benefits of your London Youth membership, click here.
- COVID-19: Click here to read our latest update, including funding, resources and support