Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Youth at the Heart from the Start
9 May, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Are you looking to understand how to involve young people in activities and/or co-produce elements of your work with young people? This Masterclass is aimed at professionals who want to successfully engage diverse groups of young people. Additionally, this Masterclass explores how to incorporate the “youth lens/youth voice” and how to keep youth action at the heart of what they do by using Youth participation and Co-production methods.
Content highlights include:
- What is the difference between Youth Participation and Coproduction?
- Youth participation in different settings (1-to-1, group settings, diverse young people etc.)
- Coproduction methods and how to incorporate them
- Ladder of Participation including Tokenism
- Celebrating and valuing youth-led work
- Meaningful participation
- Extrinsic and Intrinsic motivations for youth engagement
- Youth-adult power balances; how do we share power with young people?
- Troubleshooting – share worries and group peer support/solution focused approach
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.