Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Working with Young Women affected by Gangs and County Lines
20/10/2022, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This training explores:
• The stereotypes and myths around young women, gangs and county lines, and facilitate a critical discussion of the term “gang”.
• The risks young women face, and the barriers to them accessing support.
• The ideal knowledge, skills and attitudes that young women tell us they want professionals to have.
Attendees will come away with an enhanced understanding of how young women and girls are affected by gangs and county lines, what stops them from getting help, and how to respond.
They will also have increased awareness of Abianda and their model of practice, values and services.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.