Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Working with Young Women
9 March, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
From social media, celebrity culture and pornography through to politics and sports, girls and young woman are bombarded daily with conflicting messages. With research to suggest that this is impacting on everything from perceptions of sexual consent and body image to the aspirations young women and girls have for work and education, we ask what it means to grow up female in the UK today. This workshop offers ideas to explore these issues with young women aged 13 to 19 to motivate and inspire them to challenge gender stereotypes, raise self-esteem and build confidence. Practical and interactive, we will consider current concerns and discuss ways to overcome the barriers to fulfil their full potential and reach achievable goals.
• Look at gender stereotypes and everyday sexism before exploring ways to challenge them through youth work
• Consider the role of the media and the impact it has on young women’s expectations of themselves and others
• Discuss ways to build emotional resilience and raise self esteem
• Offer ideas to motivate, build confidence and develop assertiveness skills
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.