Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Wellbeing for you, Wellbeing in your practice
23 March, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
If you’re new to the world of wellbeing, this online workshop with Haptivate is the perfect way to get started. Get ready for an interactive exploration of the latest and greatest research, tools and tips from the worlds of neuroscience, positive psychology and mindfulness. You will walk away with practical tools that you can use immediately (for yourself and with young people).
*This is suitable for those directly working and supporting young people including Youth Workers, Sports Coaches, Dance Artists, and Play Workers (minimum age is 16).
During the interactive workshop, you’ll explore
- Key definitions and drivers that influence our mental health
- The 5 steps to wellbeing
- The science behind stress and tips and techniques to help you manage it.
- The adolescent brain and drivers that impact wellbeing
- Our key emotions and the role they play on our mental health
- The relationship between wellbeing and physical literacy
- Creating a personal self care plan
- This workshop is suitable for all London Youth members, and those from our partner organisations. For non-London Youth members, please choose individual from the drop down list when making your booking
- There are 20 places available. We expect these to go quickly so please don’t delay in booking.
- You will be sent a zoom registration link once your place is confirmed. Please complete this, and you’ll then receive a confirmation email containing the joining details.
- Any questions, please email Radhika Kalia
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.