Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Understanding the Law and Youth Violence
11/10/2022, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
This training will equip you with knowledge of the law around youth violence.
After this training you will be able to:
- Examine the role of the law in preventing youth violence
- Communicate this to young people so that they understand risk
- Advocate for young people’s legal rights and signpost to specialist organisations where appropriate
- Analyse the interplay between victim and perpetrator of young people involved in violence
- Identify opportunities to work with statutory services such as youth offending teams and the police
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.