Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Understanding Racism and Anti-Racist Practice (fully booked)
22/03/2022, 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
The training is aims to enable professionals to deal with issues relating to racism and how to promote anti-racist practice within a wide range of sectors. The training aims to:
- Explore racism and power dynamics
- Move beyond debates regarding unconscious bias and cultural competence
- Explore white privilege and white fragility
- Explore the barriers to promoting equality, anti-discriminatory practice and tackling racism within your organisation
- Enable delegates to recognise racist incidents and explore how to respond to them most effectively
- Encourage participants to embed and engage in anti-racist practice within the workplace.
- To successfully deliver training that will provide a holistic understanding of racism, racist practice and to promote anti-racist practices within criminal justice.
- To support in the development in creating an action group of likeminded professionals across the organisation to quality assure systems and processes linked to incidents specifically around race.
Click the ‘Attend’ button below to register
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.