Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Unconscious Bias and Meaningful Conversations
03/05/2022, 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Understanding unconscious bias is crucial in working towards equity, diversity, and inclusion. Displayed in subtle and sometimes not so subtle ways it impacts on relationships and service delivery. This course offers the opportunity to consider how to work well in a diverse environment by raising your awareness and maximising your knowledge to ensure plans become actions. If you are seeking a course that offers a brief overview of key equality, diversity and inclusion issues and moves onto addressing the question of implementing actions and possible challenges – this is the ideal course for you.
What will I get out of it?
- Explore the benefits and power of diversity in the organisation including key equality, diversity, and inclusion matters
- Understand the context and key terms of unconscious bias
- Consider the challenges of uncomfortable conversations around unconscious bias and work towards constructive conversations
- Moving plans into actions – policies, process, and practice
What will it cover?
- An overview of equality, diversity and inclusion matters including legislation
- Escalating discrimination and micro-inequities
- Unconscious Bias
- Addressing the question of intersectionality
- Meeting the challenge – plans into actions
- Uncomfortable conversations
Click ‘Attend’ below to register
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.