Training and Events
You can browse our upcoming events below, including training sessions, network events, workshops, and more. Use the filters on the left side to refine your search.
Click on an event to read more about it and find out how to book on. Please note that we only advertise events six weeks in advance, so please check back later if your preferred date is not available.
Most events are only open to London Youth members. If you would like to join as member, click here.
- This event has passed.
Streetgames Youth Mental Health First Aider (2 Day)
30 January, 10:00 am - 3 February, 4:00 pm
*Monday 30th January and Friday 3rd February 2023: 10am – 4pm each day – You must be available and attend both days in full*
In partnership with Street Games, we are offering a fully funded Youth Mental Health First Aid qualification. This is suitable for those directly working and supporting young people including Youth Workers, Sports Coaches, Dance Artists, and Play Workers (minimum age is 16).
This two-day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect well-being
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
All attendees will be provided with a YMHFA manual, a workbook and a certificate of completion.
- This workshop is suitable for all London Youth and Street Games members, and those from our partner organisations. For non-London Youth members, please choose individual from the drop down list when making your booking
- There are 16 places available. We expect these to go quickly so please don’t delay in booking.
- The learning environment will a mixture of group activities, presentations and discussions and each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- Any questions, please email John Jones
Click ‘Attend’ below to register for all parts.
Important information about training:
- You can book a maximum of 2 people per organisation for an individual training.
- Online training is interactive, you must have connection to a microphone and cameras will be encouraged to be switched on to facilitate discussion and engagement during the session and/or in breakout rooms.
- Training Cancellation Policy – if you can no longer attend a training then please let us know at least working 3 days before the training so we can offer this training to someone on the waiting list. Cancellations made 2 working days or less before a scheduled training course may be subject to a penalty.
- We operate a waiting list for this training. If you find that a training is full and still want to attend, please email the Membership Development Support Officer. We will contact you directly before the training if there is space.